Monday, February 15, 2010

Brishti hoyeche

This morning I was woken up early by rain on the tin roof. It was the first time it had rained since I moved in with my current host family over four months ago. My sleep deprived mind first jumped to "why is it hailing?" because it was really loud. But then I realized it was rain and I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Yesterday evening I got a haircut. It was long overdue. My host brother's friend has a barbershop so I got it cut there. He did a good job, but I forewent the massage this time.

Tonight I get a new shirt. My host family gave me a piece of cloth for my 21st birthday last weekend. I took it to a tailors and it should be ready today. Usually on my birthday, I feel older. When I was in school I often was older than my classmates because I have a birthday early in the year. Now, however, I'm about the youngest person I have regular contact with. Piyash bests me with only 2 years under his belt. Also, I think this is the first birthday since 16 that doesn't have a milestone associated with it. At 16 I could get my G1 licence, at 17 I could get my G2, 18 I could vote, 19 I could buy alcohol and tobacco and 20 marked my second decade of living. I guess 24 or 25 I can rent a car (or something like that).

Hopefully I'll get a new camera sometime soon so I'll have more pictures to share. Until then, take care.

Ben

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the camera, Ben. Would love to see the new haircut!
    Love,
    M & D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21- drinking in the States. There's a milestone for you.

    -Zamey

    ReplyDelete