Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chickens are dumb

Maybe you already knew this, but chickens really aren't intelligent animals. They may fool you; the way they strut around pecking stuff, or how you can enter a barn silently and they all immediately acknowledge your presence. I have stumbled across this nugget of information as I bike through the villages almost everyday. While on these bike rides, I encounter many animals: goats, cows, sheep, dogs, ducks, geese but chickens are the dumbest of them all. I can be biking along and I see a chicken on the side of the road walking the same direction as me. As soon as I get close, I put my hands on the brakes because I know what's coming. The stupid chicken is not going to keep walking, nor is it going to move further off the road. No, its going to wait till the last second then run right in front of my bike. Sometimes they get in front and just keep running like I'm chasing it! I fear one day I'll actually hit one and I'll feel really bad because chickens are valuable here. So to all you vegetarians who disapprove of the killing of chickens, I tell you this: those chickens are going to die anyway because they're really dumb.


I wonder what this chicken is thinking? Oh yeah, nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment