Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ektu oshusto...

It seems about once a month I get ektu oshusto (a little sick). It doesn't involve a fever or vomiting, just some stomach pains and "loose movements". Right now is one of those times. Even though it is not a big problem, the last place I want to be is in Bangladesh. The little everyday annoyances get that much more frustrating. I suppose its just a psychological thing. Last night I went to bed happy and contented ready for a new day. This morning I woke up and went to the latrine twice within the hour. I was feeling better by the time I got to the office so I decided to bike out to the AKB to do some work. By the time I got there the bumpy roads had jostled my aching stomach around and I didn't feel well. I did a bit of work but not as much as I had planned. The bike ride back wasn't fun. My stomach was churning and I only seemed to see the worst side of Bangladesh: open sewers, garbage, big diesel trucks belching at me. So now I'm back at the office, hoping I will feel better soon. I think my Pepto will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment