Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Slideshows of my Childhood

Growing up, MCC was a name I heard a lot. I had family that had worked or were working with MCC and I heard many stories of the good work they did. In the early 90's, when I was 4 or 5 some of my extended family members were working in Haiti with MCC. I remember after they came back, every once in a while they would lead the church service. This usually involved turning off the lights and wheeling in the the slide projector so we could see some pictures. I remember these church services vividly, which is saying something because I can't remember any other church services at that time in my life. In those days I usually spent the service under my chair eating Cheerios and colouring in my colouring book. On these occasions though, I would pay attention. I don't know if these memories are the reason why I decided to serve with MCC this year, but I'm fairly certain they played a part. So I have finally added some photos to Facebook, which is to this decade as the old school projector was to the last several. Except this way there's no chance on the wheel getting stuck, or pictures showing up upside down, or all the slides falling out all over the floor. If you wish to see these pictures, click here. You don't even need a Facebook account to see them. Who knows, maybe these photos will inspire someone else...

Ben

P.S. I will be adding photos to this album periodically, so feel free to keep checking it every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment