Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back home

I arrived back home two days ago. It's a strange feeling to be home. In some ways it feels like I never left. Other than some noticeable changes around town, Stouffville is Stouffville. I went on a bike ride today on my 21 speed mountainy bike. Very different from solid steel one speed with curved handle bars that I rode in Bogra. I noticed the lack of a bell. I felt my finger inch toward where it should be whenever I saw a car approaching. Luckily, there were less rickshaws, people and animals to dodge, and no stupid chickens.

I spent the past week in Akron, PA, debriefing with my fellow SALTers from around the world. It was great to see them all again and to share stories. In many ways our experiences were different but in many others they were similar. We all had common challenges and joys. It was a great time to relax and play frisbee. I hadn't had any major physical exercise for the past year, so I was sore after a couple games of ultimate. It felt good to play again though.

I'm going to Waterloo tomorrow to visit some friends at school. I don't have many plans for the next month before school starts. I imagine I'll do some work on the farm and try to catch up with family and friends. This will probably be my last blog post. It's time to put this baby to bed. Now that my SALT year is over, I don't imagine I will have any particularly interesting insights to share with you. Not that I imagine life here to be dull, but I just assume we are now having similar experiences. If you are really interested in what I'm doing, just ask. :-)

See you around,

Ben

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to follow your journey, Ben. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete