Wednesday, August 5, 2009

(Less than) 2 days...

It's hard to believe that I leave my home and native land on Friday. I will be traveling to Akron, Pennsylvania for a week long orientation with fellow SALTers, IVEPers and YAMEN!ers. I leave for Bangladesh the 15th. My flight path is as follows (in case you're curious): Philadelphia to New York, New York to Dubai and Dubai to Dhaka. I'll be in the air for about 20 hours and assuming all planes are on time, I will arrive in Bangladesh 28 hours after leaving Philadelphia. Bangladesh is 11 hours ahead of EST, so I will be arriving on August 17th at 9:40 am. I don't know if anyone reading this really cares much, but I'm just really excited so I like to talk about it. If you're in the Stouffville area and you haven't had a chance to say goodbye, there is an open invitation to stop by my house tomorrow night. There should be iced tea and lemonade (while supplies last). 

Ben

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ben. I'm reading this just before I head to bed - if I'd read it earlier in the day you bet I'd be there for iced tea and to wish you bon voyage. So I'll do it this way instead. May God bless you with energy, patience, humour, friendship, community, support, fun, challenge, and more as you embark on this adventure. I look forward to reading your reflections on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I fly out to virginia on the same day you do. Hope both of our flights go well.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete